May 2017 - present
Digital Production Intern
azcentral / The Arizona Republic, part of USA TODAY NETWORK
- Produce multimedia content to complement stories on the site, such as photo galleries and social videos.
- Assist with long-term special projects in the features department, including coding, and curate section fronts on the website.
- Curate section fronts for the website and newsletters
May 2017 - present
Managing Editor for Digital Storytelling
USC Annenberg Media
- Oversee all content across our digital platforms, including the website, email newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and WeChat.
- Oversee development of our recently-launched Messenger chatbot and app prototype, “Annie,” as well as a new online magazine-style division of the site.
- Conceptualized and currently institution reorganization of our 100+ member newsroom by topic rather than platform, enabling greater cross-platform cooperation and more cohesive learning opportunities for our student reporters.
- Senior News Editor, Oct. 2016 - May 2017
- News Editor, Feb. 2016 - Oct. 2016
- Staff Reporter, Sep. 2015 - Feb. 2016
Apr. 2015 - Aug. 2016
Designer & Assistant
- Conceptualized, designed, and helped implement a website redesign.
- Streamlined workflows to reduce backlogs in printing.
- Designed new catalogs, created pitches for potential clients, and created school support materials to client specifications.
Jan. 2016 - Apr. 2016
Assistant City Editor
- Worked with other reporters to craft stories that were important to the USC student and faculty population.
May 2014 - May 2015
- Managed a staff of 20 students to create a yearbook that went on to win several national awards from the Journalism Education Association, National Scholastic Press Association, and Columbia Scholastic Press Association.
Class of 2019
University of Southern California
B.A. Candidate in Journalism
- Minor in Law and Public Policy
- Minor in Web Technologies & Applications
- 3.93 cumulative unweighted GPA
Class of 2015
James C. Enochs High School
- 4.59 cumulative weighted GPA
- National AP Scholar Award, Sep. 2015
- Modesto City Schools Character Recognition Award, Sep. 2014
Adobe Creative Cloud
- Expert in Adobe InDesign
- Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Bridge & Camera Raw
- Novice in Adobe Illustrator
- Used at USC Annenberg Media and azcentral for editing and publishing content
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, Sass & jQuery
USA TODAY NETWORK
Modesto City Schools
Request email addresses
Probably not the best idea to put email addresses live on the web. You can request them here.